Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ?

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60410

• metalsmith37
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes i understand the inconsistency , the notes in the cigar boxes date to 33 but the news paper that covered the boards with the points wired down dated to 1938 . My mistake ! I feel like my points are in court , Guilty until proven inocent or fake until proven real .LOL I need to spend some time to post pics of the enire hoard later this evening .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60415

• Hoss
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3484
I didn't mean to make you feel like your in court. LOL Just asking a question or two is all.
Thanks for the reply. I am looking forward to seeing the other pictures as I am sure others on the board are too.

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60445

Fossil flints are found all over the midwest.. Most of it I've seen comes from Southern KY or TN.. But, Ohio and other areas have it also. As far as the paleo goes, I could probably tell you if I could put it under a scope and by feel.. It could be real, and I never doubt based on picture.. You should be skeptical on any high end relic, but with experience and after handling enough pieces you can tell.. I have seen clovis points like this turn out to be good.. Soo, who really knows.. All Im gonna say is this, if you buy anything always buy no brainer.. Because, even if it's good you'll have the nay sayers. I have some good pieces, I have had people tell me are no good, has a Davis, Jackson and several other COA's, and the patina is obvious.. Some people are just paranoid.. Just a check get it papered and if it passes post it back on here...

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60459

• metalsmith37
boards
DSCF9240.JPG

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60460

• metalsmith37
boards
DSCF9241.JPG

DSCF9239.JPG

DSCF9247.JPG

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60463

• metalsmith37
Thanks for the good word and help on the fossil material . Here are 5 boards that i pulled the points off of . everything was held down with wire and i had to clip the wire carefully to remove the points . I have since taken every point off of the boards and carefully soap and water them as well as stored in bubble wrap into tupperware until i can sort through them better .4 of the boards had Ohio written in pencil in the corners . there are 14 or 16 cigar boxes full of many interesting treasures and points and 4 or 5 contain the neanderthal items with documented paperwork . Also there was a large crate that i pulled many axes and celts out of and two preform bannerstones as well . There are also some other great items i will post in the coming months that i am not sure what they are . the fellow who collected this hoard was an Entomologist and traveled to many farms dealing with crop problems and farmers .According to his son he collected these from the farmers when he traveled and he even had diggers sending him boxes of things with numbers and site info in the small cigar boxes . Oh and there are 4 pairs of beaded mocasins that are very worn and fantastic looking .I have the collecting bug and i run ads in my local papers to buy relics and if i posted everything i have found in the past year it would be a full time job . Much of what i find is from the Hudson valley here in NY, But i am finding collections big and small from other states as well , this one here happens to be the largest so far . I do go out and pick fields but here in NY everyone is doing it and its tough to get good sites to pick from so i have resorted to buying collections and a few points where i can get them . Thats my story . I am happy to be on this forum and learn but i see i must expect a lot of skepticism without paperwork for points and i can see why when there is soo much reproduction going on and when points are made turn of the century as Hoss said thats can be tough . Well i still welcome the pos and neg opinions with regards to what i post .

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60465

• metalsmith37
board.
DSCF9242.JPG

DSCF9251.JPG

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60467

• metalsmith37
better pics
DSCF9254.JPG

DSCF9255.JPG

DSCF9256.JPG

[attachment:4]DSCF9258.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:5]DSCF9259.JPG[/attachment]

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60468

• metalsmith37
pics
DSCF9258.JPG

DSCF9259.JPG

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60469

• metalsmith37
One of the first points i found in one of the cigar boxes was this pine
DSCF9422.JPG

tree. whopper !

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60470

• metalsmith37
One of the first points i found in one of the cigar boxes was this pine tree , well at least that was my first thought after studying the Overstreet boks
DSCF9422_2012-10-01.JPG

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60471

• metalsmith37
Lost lake ?
DSCF9420.JPG

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60472

• metalsmith37
just a few more after the soap and water .
DSCF9423.JPG

DSCF9418.JPG

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60473

• metalsmith37
just a few more after the soap and water .
DSCF9418.JPG
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by metalsmith37.

Re: UNFLUTED CLOVIS ? 1 year 11 months ago #60474

looks all authentic to me, those look soo no brainer I could paper most by a picture..
Those flintridge doves bring some big bucks.. you ever wanted to sell some in the future look me up..
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds