NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS FROM THE ADMIN TEAM

The forum has been put into “read only” mode to temporarily stop any further posting. This is needed to ensure that all data can be migrated across to the new forum without interruption. It appears that some of you are still able to post (perhaps because you were logged in at the time the forum was switched to “read only” and have not subsequently logged out). That was not intended to be the case, so please STOP making any further posts.

We are still awaiting advice from the Developer team on when the new forum will go live. When it does, you will no longer see the orange banner message at the top of the page and you will need to log in again. You will also need to renew your password (but you should be able to re-use the same password that you currently have). Passwords cannot be transferred across to the new forum because they are encrypted for your security.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: NE Oklahoma Artifacts

NE Oklahoma Artifacts 4 years 2 weeks ago #21164

• Porcoa
Hey everyone! I just signed up so I am new to the sight and fairly new to arrowhead hunting. I thought I would get online and see everyone else's great find and share mine as well. I'm going to try to identify the ones I have found and would like know everyone else's input because, like I said, I am new to this. I know 0 about the materials used so i'm just going to guess at the type. Thanks!
DSC00258.JPG

270233_2048309700980_1641592102_1982893_1677052_n.jpg
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Porcoa.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:NE Oklahoma Artifacts 4 years 2 weeks ago #21165

• Porcoa
Ok, had to fix the pics... now for my guesses.
The big on on the right and in the stand alone picture. I'm guessing an archaic knife or a Lerma or Refugio... I love the colors in it, my favorite.

The broken one on the left.. Dalton?

Top bird point... Haskel?

Middle... Washita?

And bottom... Morris?

Like I said i'm new to all this and am just basing it off the identifier website... Any feedback or wisdom is much appreciated!
Last Edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Porcoa.

Re:NE Oklahoma Artifacts 4 years 2 weeks ago #21169

• turkeytail
  • Advisor
  • Thank you received: 1149
Great color on that blade!

Re: NE Oklahoma Artifacts 4 years 2 weeks ago #21172

• ZmajSnoshaj
  • Thank you received: 19
Not sure but the three "beads" on top are crinoid stem sections (fossils). Nice finds! I like the one of the left, must've looked magnificent.

Re:NE Oklahoma Artifacts 4 years 2 weeks ago #21174

• Old Stones
  • Thank you received: 1
First pic I would guess Lerma Rounded Base - Early Archaic 10-7,000 B.P.
Missing tip Dalton Hemphill - Early Archaic
For the little birdies top to bottom I would guess:
Washita
Washita
Haskell
I may be wrong on the types, but feel pretty confident the biries are Mississippian - 1,300-400 B.P.
Sorry I am no help on material. Again these are just my best guesses as to types I may be wrong, but it's a place to start any way. Very nice group of points you have there!
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds