Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Addiction! What do you all think about these?

New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52845

Out of the 3 knives (if thats that they are, im new to hunting) actually found 2 at one location and the other 1 about 15 miles away at another location. Its amazing that they are so similar but come from locations so many miles away. Do you think they might have been from the same tribe? Or is this type of blade just common among tribes in this region of Indiana? I drive a tender truck for a branch of the co-op. What happens is i meet our company's John Deere tractor in different fields all over southern Indiana with 2 batches of fertilizer on my truck. Ill empty one batch on his spreader and then wait around 45 mins for him to spread it all and come back for the rest. So for that 45 mins of downtime that i am waiting, i will walk around the freshly worked fields and look for relics. Its funny because i was just standing in a field one day and happened to look down and see an arrowhead (the broken one in the pic) and ever since then i have been hooked and even gone outside of work and walked fields. Its such a rush when you find something. To know that hundreds of years ago a true Native American actually sat down and worked a piece of flint to make this thing that im holding in my hand just blows my mind, and that im the first person to touch it since him. Im definitely hooked. Like i said i would NEVER sell any of these. Its just interesting to me how much they sell for.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52857

Congrats! . . . it looks like you got bit by the bug. I, too, am thrilled when I realize that another human from an entirely different culture and time was the last person to handle the artifact and by providence you are the next one. It's a mind bender.

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52860

• turkeytail
  • Advisor
  • Thank you received: 1137
Looks like cache blades to me! Very nice.

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52861

• spanky
  • Thank you received: 359
Charlie, Congrats on some fine looking blades. But I think you need to make it right by asking for permission first. Sure you have the name of land owner or can get it. In the job you have you would be able to make alot of contacts for the fields your finding things in. Just my opinion. I know a guy who had permission to hunt on some land but he went too far and was digging at night and they found out and sent him packing but the damage was done. Now I can't even get permission to walk through his fields to get to the river gravel bars thanks to him. Gives us hunters a bad name. And I'm sure what he did will be passed down the line of his family and friends and make more land unaccessible for others.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by spanky.

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52862

• Speedmaster
  • Thank you received: 154
Welcome to the site Charlie. nice looking blades you got there. North Blades possibly? I'd take Spanky's advice on securing permission to remove artifacts if you haven't done so already...Oh and I think they're closer to THOUSANDS of years old rather than "HUNDREDS".

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52867

Wow! These are thousands of years old??? WOW! Blows my mind!
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by charliemathias69.

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52868

Every field im at the owner is present to sign proper paperwork to say that we actually came to spread the right product and yes i ask permission. No need to worry there haha. The farmers thus far have been really nice and actually told me places to try where they have actually found things. Ive only come across one owner who said he would rather me not walk his fields and i was totally understanding. I would and have never walked a field without the owners knowledge. Like i said, no need to worry lol. Im still really wanting to find a hammer/hatchet head. My uncle found one and that for me is my "holy grail" find, so to speak. lol

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52909

• CoachG
  • Advisor
  • The Volunteer State
  • Thank you received: 644
You wanna trade jobs with a PE teacher? Haha

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #52975

• gregszybala
  • NOW ONLINE
  • N W Indiana
  • Thank you received: 3235
You and me both Coach!, can you imagine!

Re: New Addiction! What do you all think about these? 2 years 5 months ago #53184

Congrats on the finds, I'm as new as you, been walking creeks for a month now and have only found a couple of pieces. Think I'm as hooked as you are, but been looking for snakes as much as arrowheads, don't want to make one mad by stepping on him. Hope to find a complete point sometime this year, just takes hours and hours of looking unless you are really lucky, which you have been! Keep looking.
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds