Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dalton Points and Tools

Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22396

• itwasluck
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 169
I uploaded some items to my page if anyone wants to see them. I found most of them in the last month and wrote what they are on the bottom of the pics.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22413

• greywolf22
  • Thank you received: 597
Do not see any Daltons. Can you learn to post the pictures so we do not need to go find it, makes it much easier for all of us.

Jack

Re:Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22429

• Paleolution
  • Thank you received: 277
I see a couple points, but I wouldn't call them Daltons. Unless I missed it? Please post photos on the threads to avoid further confusion.

Re:Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22434

• cgode
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 1346
I don't see any Dalton's either....a couple of points but nothing close to Dalton.......Pics aren't hard to post in your thread even for someone like me who is not computer literate.

Re: Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22435

• kansas
  • Thank you received: 114
In order to post a pic, u have to resize it. To do this in your post u go to the bottum of page hit browse. right click on pic left click on edit then in paint that pops up go to images then click on attributes then resize it to 1800 x 1600 hit done save changes then right click on pic left click SELECT then place img in thread. NOTE u cane only post one pic if u want more u have to edit. Also the pic usually gets the top left corner of photo. u may have to reshoot it. or u can use photobucket hope that is not to confusing, and good luck!!

-Travis

Re:Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22438

• Butch Wilson
  • Thank you received: 1183
here ya go glenn
22-20110726.jpg
The 4 across the top are my brothers from cyberrug.com the other on the bottom I found last week.
23.jpg

Assorted stone peices some of my best. Top to bottom,very unuasual white scrapper,Red chert tool,hafted square knife, DALTON point or knife, bird point, quartz round nosed knife, drilled peice,chert tool,hafted flint scrapper,grounded stone game peice,pecked marble small,pecked gameball, larger pecked gameball, altal weight or net weight. I found the 2 top rows all in the same place as my stone bear. The bottom row is where I find most of my crude stone knifves in my other pictures.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Butch Wilson.

Re:Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22459

• itwasluck
  • Banned
Thanks Butch!!! But yes I did find out they arent Daltons but my question is what period are they from? And what is the proper name for them? :blush:

Re:Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22464

• itwasluck
  • Banned
Not Daltons I found out sorry. Im not an expert on points. So what are they called and what era are they from? Does anyone know?

Re:Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22472

• turkeytail
  • Advisor
  • Thank you received: 1119
The one you found Glenn may be a sharpened down Pickwick, Nice knife! :)

Re:Dalton Points and Tools 3 years 3 months ago #22606

• itwasluck
  • Banned
I did look on the net at what you called it turkeytail and I think you are rite. Figures just another knife as thats what I find in that spot along with alot of scrappers hafted and plain ones. All made out of either flint or quartzite materials. Still fun looking and there is a small creek rite next to that spot Ill have to get my wading boots out and walk it. Might find some other stuff maybe thats where all the points are B)
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds